These are the questions from
Tata Crucible Campus Quiz 2011 – Chennai Prelims (19th March, 2011)
Select the text below the question to view the answer
1. From where (city) was the first FM radio Service started in India?
2. Which venture started as “Indian Ahoy’ a site which is still used to attract high leisure travelers from overseas? But later it was rechristened to better suit the Indian market.
3. ‘Bada’ is a mobile OS which derives its name from Korean word for Ocean. Which company developed it?
4. Identify the group from its founder. (Options Given: Murugappa / Cholayil)
5. Which company derives its name from the Latin word that translates ‘to bind together’ a name chosen to reflect the integrated nature of services the company offer. (Options Given: Novartis / Religare)
6. ‘Ergo’ was an Indian newspaper published in the Tabloid format & distributed free of cost to IT professionals in Software corridor of Chennai during 2007-09. However it ceased in Aug 2009 from physical format & continued to be published in online format. Which company publishes the Ergo?
7. In 1967, N.Thanu, a political cartoonist founded which institution whose students are in Top notch companies & Institutions?
8. Identify the Group from its head.
Murugappa Group – A Vellayan
9. A brand of ice cream, established by Polish immigrants Reuben and Rose Mattus in the Bronx, New York, in 1961. The name does not derive from any of the North Germanic languages and is simply two made-up words meant to look Scandinavian to American eyes. Which brand?
10. ‘Blyk’ is a mobile messaging media service targeted at the youth. Which cellular operator provides the service in India?
11. ‘Sure’ in UK, ‘Shield’ in SouthAfrica, ‘Reward’ in Nigeria. How do we know it in India?
12. How do we know this now? (Shoe Photo Shown with the name ‘Onitsuka Tiger’)
13. What was unveiled by Steve Ballmer on May 28, 2009 at the “All things digital Conference’ in San Diegeo?
14. Who owns ‘Instone’ nutritional supplements & also editor of the men’s magazine ‘Sly’?
15. Small car manufacturer ‘Daihatsu’ is owned by which company?
16. Identify the Person.
Vikram Pandit- CEO of Citigroup
17. Which business house based in Kerala was started by Ninan Mathai & M. George in 1887?
18. Which Malaysia based airliner headed by Tony Fernandes is Asia’s largest low-cost no frills carrier?
19. Founded in 1783 in Geneva & named after its founder who was a jeweler & amateur scientist. He invented the Geneva system for producing pure bottled water through Carbonization. Identify the brand.
20. Which group owns this brand?
You always see them around you… on cars, bikes, airlines, cycles; toothpaste, pencils , shampoos; watches, mobiles, laptops, etc. etc….
Each company has its own logo which makes it unique… every logo has a story behind it..
In this category logos will be posted on a daily basis and you need to identify them..
Lets see how good is your pictorial memory…
Dont need to speak much about the above… the name is enough “Tata Crucible”…
Its every quizzer’s dream to be on its stage and ofcourse to win it..
For all those who want to prepare for it i would be posting the 2011 elims questions of different cities whichever I can get..
Welcome to WordPress.com. This is your first post. Edit or delete it and start blogging!
All of you have always enjoyed watching advertisements.. but how well can you recall the famous taglines… this category will have all d famous taglines.. lets see if u can remember them
Welcome to the world of business quiz…
Though I developed this passion only a few months ago.. I am sure it wont go away now…
This blog will have everything related to the business world.. questions on top business ventures, their taglines, logos, current business affairs and what not..
So I hope all the die hard quizzing fans would like it..